Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a lesson in art history: part four


MUSEE D'ORSAY:

so today we headed out once again for Musee D'Orsay to finish up what we were unable to see yesterday.


i'm still so blown away at the amount of incredible paintings & sculptures that i've been able to look at. several times throughout the day i had to sit down just to collect myself.
it was a quieter day today than yesterday...no evacuation excitement. but i did find myself overwhelmed with the enormity of my experience so far.
back home we have a monthly art walk downtown where the local art galleries stay open later and the evening focuses on the artistic culture of the city. i go each month with the arts group that i belong to, and i am always inspired to paint more, to learn more, to be more. this experience here in Paris...is like a lifetime of those artwalks! i look forward to time in my art studio once i return. the paint is gonna fly!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Okay, now I am really jealous. I'm probably not as big an impressionist fan as you are, since I haven't really been able to paint that well. But my favorite artists (famous artists who aren't alive anymore) are probably Manet, Monet, and Cezanne. I was practically drooling when I read your blog from your first day at Musee d'Orsay. But then I saw the photo of Monet's Sailboats at Argenteuil! I LOVE that painting and his Sailboats on the Seine. Sigh! I guess I have to go to Paris now... ;)

Kathy